[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - JBoss 4.0.4, IDE 2.0, Eclipse 3.2 - cannot configure a serve

jcurtin2ski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 29 11:41:32 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to do an evaluation of JBoss as a lower cost option for our WAS servers.  Today I downloaded JBoss 4.0.4 and used the Eclipse update site to download JBoss IDE 2.0 into my brand new Eclipse 3.2 IDE.  I also downloaded org.eclipse.jst.server.jboss_1.0.0 which someone recommended but I still cannot get past the first step of configuring a server.  I'm following these steps:

1.  Open the 'Servers' tab in Eclipse
2.  Right click, 'New', 'Server'.  This brings up the 'Define a new server' dialog.
3.  Click on JBoss/JBoss 4.0.x.
4.  I get the error 'Missing classpath entry jboss-4.0.x\bin\run.jar
5.  Set the App Server Directory and Classpath variables to 'C:\Program Files\jboss-4.0.4.GA\
6.  New Error displayed = "C:\Program Files\jboss-4.0.4.GA\server\default\lib\javax.servlet.jar"

I know I'm missing something - but this is very frustrating.  Does anyone have a clear set of instructions on how to integrate these 3 versions of each package?

Thanks in advance for the help!

John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961688#3961688

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961688