[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Unable to persist timer

treespace do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 29 12:10:30 EDT 2006

I added a timer service to a stateless EJB:

  | private @Resource TimerService timer;
  |
  | public void startTimer()
  | {
  |     timer.createTimer(1000, 1000,  "clock");
  | }
  |
  | @Timeout public void timeou(Timer timer)
  | {
  |    logger.info("tick");
  | }

This works wonderfully but there's a problem that ONLY appears when I'm running on Windows. I do not run in to this problem using the same app on OS X. I am using JBoss 4.0.4.GA. I get this error after killing and restarting JBoss a few times:

08:50:19,421 ERROR [TimerServiceImpl] Cannot create txtimer
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to persist timer
        at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy.insertTimer(DatabasePersistencePolicy.java:126)

I am not given an opportunity to catch this exception (tried that) before it chokes so I cannot retry the create call. I resolve the problem by taking a clean copy of the default configuration and then redeploying my app.

Any suggestions appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961691#3961691

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961691