[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: User Input Req for 2.6 Usability and UI enhancements

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 31 03:27:57 EDT 2006

I don't know if this is a bug, but I saw nothing related to this in Jira.

In management portlet :
when an instance is not well defined in the descriptor (as an example, the portlet is not found because the name has an error).

when you call the instance "screen", you get an exception and nothing in the portlet (the error is given, but no more list of instances).

then you can't do anything on any instances.

=> in case of error on one instance object, allow to still have the list of instance, and may be the wrong instance also shown in the list (with error message for only this one).

also : since 2.4, it seems that the "<if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>" is not working anymore.
   <deployment>
  |       <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  |       <instance>
  |          <instance-id>MyPletInstance</instance-id>
  |          <portlet-ref>MyPortlet</portlet-ref>
  |       </instance>
  |    </deployment>

so if there is an error in the portlet-instances.xml definition ("MyPtlet" instead of "MyPortlet"), the instance is set in a wrong way in the database, and it is impossible to get the management portlet to show the instances.
It is not possible to suppress this instance in the management portlet, to have the new descriptor (corrected) used again.

what I did : stop jboss, suppress all the table in the database, correct the portlet-instances.xml, restart jboss....
not great...
I've just realized I could have suppress the whole portal in the management portlet, and then restart JBoss, but even... it is not really nice...

Many thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961784#3961784

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961784