[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Reference to MBeanServer is local?

thehunt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 31 09:33:56 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I want to control an MBean service through its API. This Service will be either the JMX Timer or the JBoss Scheduler. To control it, I ll have to access it through the MBeanServer. In a clustered environment where I have declared the service to run as singleton I am gonna have the service running on one node and replicating its state for failover on the others.

Here the problem turns up. An RMI client contacts a node of the cluster through a Session EB willing to register a new task to the scheduler. The session EJB resides on a random node not necessarily the master node (regarding the singleton). So if I just get the MBeanServer reference and next the Scheduler Mbean reference as described here
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=HowCanAnEJBCallAnMBean
wont I come up with local references actually?

How can I deal with this problem? The only solution I ve considered until now is to find a way to bind the running (singleton) Mbean reference to the cluster wide JNDI tree but this in turn brings a bunch of new problems.

thx in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961859#3961859

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961859