[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Can't connect to global namespace datasource from servle

LostJBossIdeUser do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 31 10:16:56 EDT 2006

Okay, I guess I will create the session bean facade. But I still have a few questions to really make it clear. If I leave the datasource in the local namespace with jdbc/MySqlDS as JNDI name, I can't access it using java:comp/env/jdbc/MySqlDS; this throws an error that says:

javax.naming.NamingException: Could not dereference object [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: MySqlDS not bound]

Why so?
Forgive me if I'm not understanding the basic point here. But I'd really like to know :)

What is right syntax to access it? And so, does that mean anything in the global datasource cannot be accessed outside the app server? Or is it only for datasources?

Thanks a bunch!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961878#3961878

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961878