[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - I have remote working - but need a reference to a local bean

aron-smith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 31 12:34:37 EDT 2006

Accessing beans through the remote interface is working well.   Within the container I want to have a bean access another bean - I think via the local interface (but I'll take what I can get).  However i get a null reference back - any ideas what I am doing wrong?

  private static IMyoneLocal getMyone() throws ClassCastException, NamingException {
    return (IMyoneLocal) PortableRemoteObject.narrow(
        getBean(), IMyoneRemote.class);
  }

  private static Object getBean() throws NamingException {
    if (ctx == null) {
      ctx = new InitialContext();
    }
    String beanName = "MyoneBean/local";
    Object ref = ctx.lookup(beanName);
    return ref;
  }

Is there anything special I need to meet the requirements of the context - seems unlikely given that I am in the container?

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961935#3961935

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961935