[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Consumed messages redelivered ?

joellindheimer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 31 16:20:55 EDT 2006

============================
Lessons Learned after a Plethora of Testing

I have done a lot more testing as well as checked with Juergen Hoeller to sync up in findings within his community.  Here is what I have found:

1)     Using anything but the XA ConectionFactory bound specifically to ?java:/JmsXA? is problematic with JBoss 4.X server with Messaging 1.0.
    a. Do NOT use ?/XAConnectionFactory? as we found problems in several scenarios.
    b.  Do NOT use any custom configured XA ConnectionFactory for the reasons Tim mentioned.

2)     When using a JMS Consumer you MUST always get a new JMS Connection; do NOT pool the Connection. If you use an existing Connection the it will not get enlisted into the Global Transaction.

Conclusion:
If you follow these two rules you can safely use JBoss Messaging 1.0 within the context of a global transaction and get the expected behavior thereof.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962005#3962005

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962005