[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Is there an equivalent of @RemoteBindings in jboss.xml

sbivol do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 1 10:49:18 EST 2006

Thanks! I'll check it out.

The reason I'm asking is we may have customers that might want to use a different ssl port. While using deployment descriptor for binding the ssl jndi name to the url is a step forward (it will allow us to just repackage and redeploy the app, instead of recompiling the code), it would be nice if we would not need to even repackage the app for every customer that cannot use the port we come up by default. Is there a way to achieve this?

For example, the ssl-service.xml could be placed outside the ejb jar (or ear), into a jboss folder, or its content might be moved to jboss-service.xml, either under ejb3.deployer/META-INF or someplace else. That would allow our customer to change the connector port externally to our app. Then, in the ejb-jar/jboss.xml, if we could somehow default the binding url and port to the serverBindAddress and serverBindPort specified in the connector's config...

Would this be unreasonable or wrong?

Regards
Sergiu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982399#3982399