[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Is there an equivalent of @RemoteBindings in jboss.xml

sbivol do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 1 12:53:47 EST 2006

I'm not familiar with the Binding Manager, so I'd like to make sure I got it right. So you're saying that, if I:
a) deploy the ssl-service.xml within the ejb jar just like in the ejb3 ssl tutorial for example
b) not use any @RemoteBinding annotation or its equivalent jboss.xml constructs
c) enable the ServiceBindingManager in jboss/conf/jboss-service.xml, point its StoreURL to a sample-ssl-bindings.xml containing the following:
<service-bindings>
  |       <service-config name=""jboss.remoting:type=Connector,transport=socket3843,handler=ejb3"
  |          delegateClass="org.jboss.services.binding.AttributeMappingDelegate">
  |         <delegate-config>
  |            <attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3843</attribute>
  |         </delegate-config>
  |          <binding port="3843"/>
  |       </service-config>
  | <service-bindings>
one could change the value of  above in order to make the remote interface of the ejbs availble on a different port.

Did I get this right? If so, I have one more question.

Currently, if a client wishes to use the service over ssl it uses the ssl jndi name (i.e. HelloWorldService/remotessl) specified via @RemoteBinding annotation on the ejb or deployment descriptor; non-ssl clients use HelloWorldService/remote jndi name to look up the service. If I now DO NOT use this annotation, how would a client state that it needs to use a service over ssl or non-ssl?

Many thanks for prompt and to the point info!

Regards
Sergiu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982428#3982428

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982428