[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: JBossIDE-2.0.0.Beta2 enhancements to support complex Jbo

garu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 2 04:04:02 EST 2006

Hi Max,
yes it's possible to do what you say, but this is exactly what i want to avoid and it wouldn't solve my needs.
First i'd need to replicate the default or all structure, services and libs, as many times as the number of diferent instances.
Second i don't want to alter installation files, otherwise each time i have to install a new release i'll have to go hunting for changes in the services xml files to replicate them in the new installation. Instead i want to keep my changes only in one place, in the bindings xml file.
This means that ide would still see the 1099 port default and it would continue to reset it.
Third, the publish process would still build the project ear/war in the runtime deploy directory.
Instead i want it to publish in the instance deploy directory which is seen by a different url deployer than the one that sees the runtime deploy directory.

You see, it's not that easy and as Rob said it may involve deep changes.
But IMO having JbossIDE able to keep up with the flexibility that JbossAS has in building  enterprise configurations would be a great plus.

Regards,  Gabriele

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982599#3982599

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982599