[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems with application-like behaviour project

raffaele.camanzo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 2 12:22:49 EST 2006

Hi Gavin,

1) The first approach. This solution probably was the result of a complete misunderstanding
of the Seam capabilities and goals and I report it as a complete misuse of the framework
and of the tecnologies involved in (Seam + JSF + Myfaces + Tomahawk + Facelets).

[nobodyShouldDoThis]
only to give you an idea of the nightmare...
everything was living in the same XHTML page, no conversations, no navigation rule,
the tab content was pushed in the tabbedPane using anonymous facelets applied controlling
directly the JSF UI components through backing beans.
Result: strange behaviours (like loosing the rendering of the tomahawk tags between a
call and another) and a very big effort.
[/nobodyShouldDoThis]

2) Comparing with the Issue Tracker

I read the source code of the Issue Tracker demo and I tried to run it, I've seen the behaviour and what I need is quite different (if I well understood the behaviour), but instead of list the differences I prefer to describe to you my needs in the email (I sent it to you before of posting this reply).

Thank you again

Raffaele

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982723#3982723

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982723