[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: shun=false, but

jyoonyang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 2 21:19:53 EST 2006

Hi Brian,

Well, the underlying problem is that there are lots of cache operation on a slow machine.  The test cases may not be realistic, but I would like to understand shunning better so that we will be prepared in production.

I have two nodes in a cluster where items in the TreeCache must be replicated synchronously.  It sounds like "shun" causes a slow node to be kind of ignored by the faster node.  We need all the live nodes in the cluster to have replication of the TreeCache.  When the client requests are load-balanced, the TreeCache data must be found in either nodes.

So if "shun=false" doesn't prevent a shun, what does it do?

Thanks again,
Jennifer

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982834#3982834

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982834