[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: 4.0.5 GA bluescreens

vladimir.ralev@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 3 05:36:37 EST 2006

I also have the same machine and everything is ok (I am installing from http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jnlp/jems-installer-1.2.0.BETA3.jnlp, tell me if you are doing something else). It's most likely some bad driver. Could you give more information about the BSOD and your system configuration - processor, video card (and drivers), the file system type where the application server is installed? Does the BSOD include a module file name which caused the error or a call stack?

The most common source of java BSODs are the video card drivers, but it could be anything else.

Also, it would be good if everyone who experiences this sends me the BSOD minidump. You can do this by first making sure minidumps are enabled in Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery Settings button, then enable the minidump in "Write debugging information" and choose the output folder. After that simply reproduce the error and on the next boot send the dump to vladimir.ralev at jboss.com.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982916#3982916

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982916