[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - jBPM and @Unwrap question

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 3 10:53:28 EST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to come up with a pattern for initializing the Seam Actor for jBPM in my system.  There is no login action in my system - we're authenticating using a custom Tomcat Valve (integration with an enterprise SSO system).  So I tried to use the @Unwrap approach here:

  | @Name("initjBPMActor")
  | public class InitjBPMActor {
  |
  |     @Logger Log log;
  |
  |     @In
  |     private Principal userPrincipal;
  |
  |     @Unwrap
  |     public Actor getActor() {
  |         // get an instance of Actor, set it's id using the userPrincipal.name value
  |         Actor actor = Actor.instance();
  |         actor.setId(userPrincipal.getName());
  |         log.info("getActor() : Actor -> "+actor);
  |         // todo - remove logging...
  |         return actor;
  |     }
  | }

I have a SFSB in which the Actor is @In'jected.  When I invoke a method that uses the actor, it doesn't seem that getActor() is ever called (I don't see the log.info() message in my logging output).  Furthermore, I think that this attempt to @Unwrap the Actor is causing problems with Seam, because once I attempt to invoke a method in my SFSB which does nothing but log.info()'s, I do not see output of the log.info()'s and the test case appears to fail (SeamTest).

If it's not possible to use Actor with @Unwrap (because it gets special handling by Seam), then is it possible to specify that the Actor ALWAYS gets its id from userPrincipal.name? (i.e. - some kind of default strategy - maybe it's a good idea to provide a few different strategies in the framework to pick from, including a custom strategy).

Thanks,
Brad Smith

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983004#3983004

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983004