[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Error handling pattern?

nollie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 3 13:14:33 EST 2006

Hello

I'm using Portal 2.2 and AS 4.03 SP1, and I'm having trouble finding information on error handling and error pages.  Almost every page in my project displays multiple portlets, and when one portlet has an error the entire page fails to render.

My goal is to find a safe approach to error handling that would allow the page to render the portlets without errors and replace the one that failed with a user friendly message.  Is there a way to do this and still throw a PortletException from doView() or processAction()?

I have found very little information on the subject and would appreciate some help or pointers to documentation.

thanks

nollie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983049#3983049

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983049