[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Still have issues with my installation

diablo341 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 4 01:09:18 EST 2006

I installed AS 4.0.5.GA.  I also installed EJB3-RC9.  Is this the embedded ejb for testing?  I'm confused.  Doesn't the appserver have EJB3 installed?  My components.xml has a property for EJB installed.  I set it to false, b/c I saw that the component.properties file had an entry for embeddedEjb true.  I figured I wanted to use the ejb in the appserver.  Anyway, I noticed an entry in the console that the JNDI was not bound.  I read that it's just an info message.  I'm getting the following error:

  | Caused by: org.jboss.seam.InstantiationException: Could not instantiate Seam component: login
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.Component.newInstance(Component.java:1578)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1492)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1466)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamVariableResolver.resolveVariable(SeamVariableResolver.java:44)
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.config.LastVariableResolverInChain.resolveVariable(LastVariableResolverInChain.java:42)
  | 	at com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyELContext$LegacyELResolver.getValue(LegacyELContext.java:134)
  | 	at com.sun.el.parser.AstIdentifier.getValue(AstIdentifier.java:65)
  | 	at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.getTarget(AstValue.java:62)
  | 	at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:147)
  | 	at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:283)
  | 	at com.sun.facelets.el.TagMethodExpression.invoke(TagMethodExpression.java:68)
  | 	at com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyMethodBinding.invoke(LegacyMethodBinding.java:69)
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:63)
  | 	... 36 more
  | Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: LoginAction not bound

I went to my jmx-console and saw in the Global JNDI Namespace my app and all the EJBs listed.  I also saw in jboss.j2ee that all EJBs are started.  What am I missing?

John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983169#3983169

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983169