[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Still have issues with my installation

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 4 13:30:24 EST 2006

You sound confused ;)

You can run Seam in full JBoss AS, in which case EJB3 is built in.  You don't configure embeddable EJB3 in Seam.  You use jndiPattern=projectName/#{ejbName}/local.

You can run Seam in another container (typically Tomcat), in which case you must provide EJB3 - Embeddable EJB3. You use jndiPattern=#{ejbName}/local.

What Basel was saying is that the default install of JBoss AS doesn't install EJB3, but a J2EE 1.4 system (so EJB 2.1).  You need to explicitly install the EJB3 profile so that EJB3 is built into JBoss AS.

I'm not sure about how much of JEMS is embeddable.

HTH

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983233#3983233

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983233