[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Showing nested objects in nested tables

forumer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 6 19:33:30 EST 2006

I have following objects:

AllManagers.java
   ArrayList managers;

Manager.java
  String name;
  Arraylist employees;

Employee.java
  String name;
  int yearsOfService;

I'd like to be able to show one table, AllManagers, each row of which contains information about each manager - name and in the next cell a list of all his employees.

So I started with

  | <h:dataTable value=#{allManagers} var="manager">

Then nested inside it

  | <h:dataTable value="#{manager.employees}" var="employee">
  | <h:column>
  |      <h:selectOneMenu readonly="true">
  |          <f:selectItems value="#{employee.name}" />
  |       </h:selectOneMenu>
  | </h:column>

for allManagers. The name shows up as expected. But the employees are not showing up!

Is this the right way to handle such a situation? I'd appreciate any references or tips.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983608#3983608

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983608