[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: JBossRollbackException

jactor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 7 09:19:40 EST 2006

After a lot of searching I found a bug in one of my constructors which will cause my code to fail. It should not be used as the entity manager is not to use other constructors than a no argument one, but ....

Because of the bug in the first place, I have never come around to bug test the rest of the code which would have revealed this failure.

But there is still questions that I need to get answered:

Why is the database trying to comitt something when I only want to read from the database?

and

anonymous wrote : It is stated that an entity manager has a transaction scope of the instantiating class. If you instantiate the entity manager in one class but use this instance with a sub class by invoking a method on the super class, will this affect the transaction scope?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983762#3983762

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983762