[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Postgres SQL 8.1.4, JBoss 4.0.3SP1 - No ManagedConnections I

tim.armandpour do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 7 22:29:38 EST 2006

Configuration:
Postgres SQL 8.1.4
JBoss 4.0.3SP1
postgresql-8.1-405.jdbc3.jar

pg-ds.xml:

    <local-tx-datasource>
	    <min-pool-size>10</min-pool-size>
	    <max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>
	    <idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>
    </local-tx-datasource>

We have the db set to 512 max_connections

We continue to see the No ManagedConnections being thrown every couple of days.  blocking-timeout-millis = 30000

Our code is closing all Connection objects in our finally {} blocks.

1) Are there other parameters we need to set in order to guard against this error?
2) Do others recommend we increase the <idle-timeout-minutes> value?
3) Is it necessary to close all ResultSet and PreparedStatement statements as well in our finally {} blocks of code?

Any help or other insight into this is greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983991#3983991

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983991