[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Apache 2 and Jboss performance tuning

pawan.kumar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 7 23:26:58 EST 2006

Hi,

Our website is based on the typical architecture in which request is intercepted by apache http server 2 and later on passed to JBoss(3.2.6).

Despite our efforts the website runs very slow(responds in 10 seconds for an avg page). The methods we employed so far are:-

- We increased JVM heap size by 2 GB
- Introduced pre-compiler for all the existing JSPs, if there are new jsps created then those have to be incorporated as well
- Apache thread size increased in httpd.conf (I have not idea about exact figure)
- Restarted server m/c on every release
- Maitained memory consumption statistics hourly basis.
- Monitored DB connections
- Maintained response time for prominent JSPs
- Deleted jk2.log under jboss directory, when its size exceeds 2 GB then apache log gets increased very fast, so we need to check this as well. After this change we observed healthy behavior of application
-Apache Log level modified

But the problem still persists. On an avg the no. of concurrent users are not more than 100. Can anybody help in identifying more such mesures.

rgds

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983993#3983993

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983993