[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - ERROR [EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet]

dimitar_todorov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 8 06:49:18 EST 2006

Hello,
I`m using JBOSS as a server and installed Axis so I can use it to create a Web Service. I tryed to create a simple Web Service (Hello service) but I get the following error while JBOSS is starting :

ERROR [EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet] Unable to find config file.  Creating new servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd

Well I assume that the problem has something to do with the JBOSS - Axis configuration but I followed the instructions which seem to be right:

"Axis can be obtained from http://ws.apache.org/axis/. You can either obtain the Axis source and build the binary distribution from the source or obtain the binary distribution directly.
In either case, the end result will include a webapps directory. Within this is a subdirectory called axis. Copy this subdirectory to the appropriate deployment directory for your JBoss 3.2.x run-time instance, JBOSS_HOME/server/instance/deploy where instance is the run-time instance. Normally this would be JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy but adjust this for your situation. Change the subdirectory name from axis to axis.war. This allows JBoss 3.2.x to identify the deployment as a web application and appropriately delegate run-time deployment to the servlet container.
The Axis includes most of the necessary libraries required to support Web services into the WEB-INF/lib directory of the WAR. These include saaj.jar and jaxrpc.jar. In a standalone Tomcat 4.1.x distribution, these libraries would need to be situated CATALINA_HOME/common/lib due to the Tomcat constraints for loading classes in the java.* and javax.* hierarchy. Notes regarding this were included in the earlier Axis Release Candidates (RCs). With JBoss 3.2.x, users have discovered that Axis will not correctly deploy if saaj.jar and jaxrpc.jar are contained in the axis.war/WEB-INF/lib directory while using the standard Java 2 compliant class-loading scheme in JBoss.
We moved saaj.jar and jaxrpc.jar to server/instance/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat.sar for JBoss-Tomcat distributions."

After these instructions are done I get ERROR that we spoke about above:

ERROR [EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet] Unable to find config file.  Creating new servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd

It seems that JBOSS cannot create the server-config.wsdd
Due to this error my simple WebService HelloService ends up with the following exception:
exception: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke! targetService is Hello!

Additional information - I use Eclipse3.2.1

I'll be glad if I get any kind of help ideas!
Regards
Dimitar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3984087#3984087

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3984087