[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - getRemoteUser doesn't work consistently on a portlet

jong32 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 8 21:08:41 EST 2006

I have a porlet app that I deployed onto JBoss Portal 2.6 DR1.
My portlet's functionality depends upon the availability of the name of the user making the request. So I call getRemoteUser method on the PortletRequest object.

This works fine for the very first call made immediately after successful login into the portal (I get the right user name). But all subsequent calls (during the subsequent user interactions with the portal) to the same method returns null.

Has anyone observed this same behavior? If so, does anyone know why, and how I can work around this issue?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3984363#3984363

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3984363