[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How do you all handle
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 9 07:12:28 EST 2006
yesterday we switched over to the SeamExtendedPersistencePhaseListener, and since that moment we are having the (well known) "Could not register synchronization" problem. Basic description of the symptom is: Whenever an exception in my application occurs, I only get the above shown error, and I loose the rootcause.
I´ve searched the forums here at jboss.com as well as over at hibernate.org.
My current understanding of the situation is as follows:
1. (and probably most important to Gavin): It is NOT a Seam problem.
2. It is a problem in JBoss EJB3 implementation.
3. It is also a problem in Hibernates EntityManager implementation.
4. Both have been fixed in current versions of either components.
5. Gavin has too much on his plate right now, so he can´t release a Seam version which uses the most recent versions of jb-ejb3-all.jar and hibernate-all.jar.
Correct me if I´m wrong on anything. Especially that it is a bug in both EJB3 as well as Hibernate made me wonder.
So basicly, to get rid of the problem, we could just replace both components with more recent ones. But that would mean to loose any chance of support I guess, since my setup would inarguably be completely modified.
Did you all exchange the components?
If not - what else can I do?
We already lost several hours tracking problems which later on resolved to simple typos in HQLs or NPEs. I know, that I can use a debugger to get the correct information. But this is
a) akward already during development
b) completely inacceptable in a production environment (since I can´t debug there).
So my question is: How does anyone else cope with this?
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3984481#3984481
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3984481
More information about the jboss-user