[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - JBoss Unified ClassLoader Hell? even with EJB3 ?

xnuandax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 9 23:51:29 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am trying something usually unadvisable in JBoss which is to deploy a WAR and an EAR in the same JBoss instance (where the WAR accesses the EAR via JNDI/RMI).

I am using JBoss 4.0.5.GA EJB3RC9, and as one might expect I am swimming in a soup of ClassCastExceptions whilst trying to use the object (remote interface) retrieved by a context.lookup().

I have turned everything to Pass-by-Value (Naming, etc.) in jboss-service and ejb-deployer.

My remote interface is:
@Remote
  | public Interface ManagerRemote extends Serializable {

My SFSB is:

  | @Stateful
  | @Remote ({ManagerRemote.class}
  | @RemoteBinding (jndiBinding="MYAPP/Manager/remote")
  | public class ManagerBean implements ManagerRemote {

The client in the WAR attempts to access this remote interface by:

  | Context context = new InitialContext();
  | object = context.lookup("MYAPP/Manager/remote");
  | ManagerRemote mr = (ManagerRemote) object;

I have printed the interfaces implemented by the object retrieved over JNDI, and it definitely implements "ManagerRemote" as hoped.  Sadly "ManagerRemote" will not cast to "ManagerRemote", presumably because the JBoss classloader is distinguishing between the ManagerRemote interface packaged in the EAR and the same interface packaged in the WAR.

Investigations have shown alot of issues around this, and people talking about having to play with settings like "Java2ClassLoadingCompliance", "UseJBossWebLoader" and "java2ParentDelegation" to get any joy (although I have not).

Is it really still that hard to have a WAR and an EAR in the same JBoss instance with the same interfaces classes in each?  (we are building this way as eventually the WAR and EAR won't be colocated).  Are there some instructions on how to achieve this kind of setup in JBoss 4.0.5 EJB3 without an endless struggle of ClassCastExceptions ?

Thanks!

David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3984796#3984796

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3984796