[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Problems creating a new JMS provider

ewinston do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 10 08:21:28 EST 2006

I am tring to create a new JMS provider using the standard jboss provider.  I created a custom myds-ds.xml that contains the following :

  |     <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader"
  |         name="jboss.mq:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=myJMSProvider">
  |         <attribute name="ProviderName">myJMSProvider</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="ProviderAdapterClass"> org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter </attribute>
  |         <!-- The combined connection factory -->
  |         <attribute name="FactoryRef">java:/myConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |         <!-- The queue connection factory -->
  |         <attribute name="QueueFactoryRef">java:/myQueueConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |         <!-- The topic factory -->
  |         <attribute name="TopicFactoryRef">java:/myTopicConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |     </mbean>
  |
  |     <no-tx-connection-factory>
  |         <jndi-name>hpomsTopicConnectionFactory</jndi-name>
  |         <rar-name>jms-ra.rar</rar-name>
  |         <connection-definition>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsConnectionFactory</connection-definition>
  |         <config-property name="SessionDefaultType" type="java.lang.String">javax.jms.Topic</config-property>
  |         <config-property name="JmsProviderAdapterJNDI" type="java.lang.String"
  |             >java:/hpomsJMSProvider</config-property>
  |         <max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
  |     </no-tx-connection-factory>

The factories show up in the jndi context, but when i try to use them with the following code :

  | 	Topic jcTopic = lookupJobCancelTopic(context);
  | 	TopicConnectionFactory tcf = lookupTopicConnectionFactory(context);
  | 	TopicConnection tc = tcf.createTopicConnection();
  | 	tc.start();
  | 	ConnectionMetaData md = tc.getMetaData();
  | 	TopicSession ts =  tc.createTopicSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
  | 	TopicSubscriber tr = ts.createSubscriber(jcTopic);

it fails when trying to create the topic session.  If I change the deployment descriptor to use the default JMSProvider then the code works just fine.  I have created a topic to use for this test.  Is there something else that I need to do in order to create a custom provder?

I am using JBoss 4.0.5GA, running on Linux with the 64bit JDK 1.5.0_9.

Thanks,
edward

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3984871#3984871

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3984871