[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - getInitParameter

dsteinbrunn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 10 14:34:03 EST 2006

I'm running jbossws in standalone tomcat, version 5.5.20.

I have an endpoint that extends ServiceLifecycle.  I can see from my logs that init is being called and I have access to ServletEndpointContext.

I have a configuration parameter I'm storing in my web.xml for the web service:

  |     <servlet>
  |         <servlet-name>MyServiceEndpoint</servlet-name>
  |         <servlet-class>org.service.MyServiceEndpoint</servlet-class>
  |         <init-param>
  |                 <param-name>foo</param-name>
  |                 <param-value>bar</param-value>
  |         </init-param>
  |     </servlet>

I try to access this in MyServiceEndpoint:

  | String paramValue = this.getEndpointContext().getServletContext().getInitParameter(foo);

but I get nothing.

I noticed that when my service is deployed another initparam is added called ServiceEndpointImpl, which is set to the name of my SEI.  I also cannot access this value from within my service.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  It's weird that I'm not seeing any of the init-params, not just the ones I added.

Thanks in advance for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985013#3985013

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985013