[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: TwoClustersSameNetwork inconsistency

azhurakousky do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 10 16:22:39 EST 2006

Good question
First, yes it willl work with the notation you specified. I am not sure if you know, but I'll explain anyway about these types of notation, since JBoss is using them everywhere.

${jboss.partition.name:DefaultPartition} reads as
if System property wit the name jboss.partition.name exist, then use its value, otherwise default it to the name specified after ":" (which in your case is DefaultPartition)

So, you can set it as System Property (-D option) at server startup. There is also another way of doing it as well. So here is what you can do:

1. run -c <server_config> -Djboss.partition.name=MyPartition -u 230.1.2.10
2. run -c <server_config> -g MyPartition -u 230.1.2.10

Execute run -help to get more startup options. As far as the once I used in the examples:
-g Partition Name
-u Multicast IP

Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985051#3985051