[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: User Input Req for 2.6 Usability and UI enhancements

leaked do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 10 20:26:56 EST 2006

Nice job on the portal... The nicest open source Java implementation I've seen so far! HOWEVER, that is about to change with the open sourced SUN Portal.

One of the nice features lacking to the whole AJAXed user experience in JBoss Portal 2.6.0 is AJAXed portlet resizing, closing. It's not like it can't be done... I mean, the resizing bit is happening already when you drag stuff into a wider part of the page. The opening and closing of a portlet window should be easily added too... Maybe even with a nifty sliding animation Apple widget-style to really rub that AJAX goodness in people's faces... Sarcasm aside, I do think AJAX on all window activities is a must. You can't just stop half-way, it breaks the whole user experience, having to post the whole site and come back on a window close or open or resize (full screen) is ridiculous.

While you are injecting AJAX everywhere... You may want to consider drag and drop portlets into the WYSIWYG layout or something... Click the add button, pick a portlet and drop it somewhere on the page... Mmmmm... This portal thing is addictive!

Keep up the great work... JBoss is on fire these days it seems...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985099#3985099

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985099