[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Attempt to get JBoss to call my custom login module

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 12 01:35:22 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : OK, it rooked me again, (I'm learning slowly)..

You have the "Code" button which you can use while posting to wrap those contents in a code block to avoid the mess.

jcollins914, i havent used webservices before and dont have much knowledge about them. However with whatever information you have provided so far, i have been able to figure out that you have exposed your webservice methods  as a servlet which you have defined in the web.xml. Now you have secured this servlet using BASIC authentication and a custom login module. Apart from the webservice part this appears to be an attempt to secure the servlet. It should not matter that the servlet is being used by webservice. Am i right?

If yes, then when you type in the URL: http://localhost:8080/CentricityPractice/CPWebService do you see the pop up asking for user name and password(since you are using BASIC authentication)?
Also, have you written any debug log messages in your own custom login module so as to figure out whether the control has been forwarded to it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985183#3985183

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985183