[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Gotchas (so far)

tony.herstell@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 13 03:13:09 EST 2006

1. I cannot now reproduce this... (I feel silly)

2. Ok, On Firefox nothing happens with the close, IE7 comes up with a question asking if I want to close the window, which I agree to and then it doesn't close it. (Go Figure...). I guess my javascript must be wrong.
Both come up with the before and after alerts.

  | 					<form>
  | 									<label>
  | 										username:
  | 									</label>
  | 									John Doe
  | 									<input type="button" value="Logout" onclick="javascript:alert('before');window.close();alert('after');" />
  | 					</form>

3. Humm.. Outside of the \<h:form\> If I have a command button then it wont let me have it outide the form; if I use a html input type of button then it can't figure out the bean reference for the action...

  | <h:commandButton type="submit" value="Back" action="#{zoneSubscriptionManager.cancel}"/>

Please advise....
I just don't want to do a browser - back button trigger.. I want to clean up things...

5. Hope some nice ones appear as you suggest they will. Tree is very useful! roll on Trinidad.

6. I will look this up.

I will of course upgrade to 1.1.0.Beta2... I would be on Beta1 but I never got the examples to work wheras 1.0.1 did :/
Now I know more and may be able to solve more problems if it didn't work out of the box.

Thanks to you and Michael Yuan for helpful and prompt replies.

I have booking example broken into xxx.ear, xxx.jar and xxx.war J2EE inter-related projects working well in MyEclipse and with most of the addons of MyEclipse working well. Deploy through the JBoss MyEclipse Plugin works beatufilly as an exploded archive.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985331#3985331

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985331