[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Personalized portal general question

roy.russo@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 13 11:26:45 EST 2006

"Peter.Coppens" wrote : I would like to implement this using a portal/cms system. I did an initial attempt using Liferay, and while I have it working I did run into a lot of problems (technical problems , missing features and lack of documentation and especially lack of any feedback on the mailing list).

Would it be impolite to laugh? ;-)

"Peter.Coppens" wrote :
  | 1/ Has anyone done something similar and how difficult/easy was it using jboss portal
  |
  | and/or
  |
  | 2/ Anyone any high level guidelines as to how I could translate my requirements to jboss portal concepts.

Fine-grained security over CMS nodes (folders/files) will be included in 2.6. Thats probably the one thing we're missing, that you need, in 2.4. With 2.6, you will be able to assign security restrictions on folder/file for any Role or even User.

Note, the CMS in 2.6 will also contain jBPM workflow integration.

So I would have to say at this point in time, we don't have this feature. We have an Alpha of 2.6 scheduled for December, that should have alphaversions of this included within.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985500#3985500

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985500