[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Is it possible to execute Petstore demo in cluster mode?

mp123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 13 22:42:16 EST 2006

Hello,

Thanks once again for ur quick response.

"azhurakousky" wrote : 1. What was the reason for moving jndi.properties file from "conf" to "lib" directory?

   I assumed that the application needs jndi.properties for looking up the JNDI Name. So, I thought the application will look on to the 'lib' directory for that file.

anonymous wrote : 2. Is node1 and node2 joined in JBoss Cluster or they are just two independent nodes under RoundRobin controll of mod_jk? Seem to me you do not have JBoss Cluster estalished and node1 and node2 are independent nodes where only node1 running JBossMQ. Is that correct?

Node 1 and Node 2 are joined in JBoss Cluster only. It detects automatically the another node if the other one also started up. Same configurations done on both nodes.

anonymous wrote : 3. Node1 and node2 derived from "all" configuration or "default"?

Yes. I have created node1 and node2 from 'all' configuration of JBoss 4.0.4.GA only and I'm working on Unix.

node1 => working in one server machine <node1 - ip addr>
node2 => working in another server machine <node2- ip addr>

anonymous wrote : With default JBoss behavior when running in the cluster you wouldn't even have to specify provider url, since JGroups auto-discovery is enabled by default and your "Master" (the one that running JBossMQ singleton) node would be discovered before NameNotFound exception is thrown.

As specified earlier, the queue bounds on one node say node1, and when the order confirmed and when we hit the Submit button, it should send mail to the customer. Till this, it looks only node1. But, what happens is, it checks the queue/mail in the another node (node2) where the queue not bound.

Please tell me, how to enable the Auto-discovery of JGroups to avoid NameNotFound exception?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985683#3985683

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985683