[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Injection and remoting

gllambi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 14 07:12:39 EST 2006

Thank you very much for the fast reply.

"sbryzak2" wrote : The login() method in your example is clearly intended to be invoked within a JSF context - it adds messages via FacesMessages and returns an action string.  Remoting is not intended to be used to call action methods such as this.

I'm new to Remoting and Ajax, can you give me a good example when to use it?

anonymous wrote :
  | If however this is just an experiment to see how remoting works, and you're wondering why "cliente" isn't being injected from your form, it's because remoting calls need to explicitly specify any parameters that you require to be passed.  I.e. your login method prototype would need to be:
  |
  |   |   public String login(Cliente client)
  |   |

  | On the client side you would need to create a new Cliente object and populate it with the username and password, then pass this object as a parameter in your remote call.

So it's not posible to inject it with the @In annotation?

Thanks a lot!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985748#3985748

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985748