[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Slow DataSouce Failover

weston.price@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 14 21:05:17 EST 2006

anonymous wrote :
  | Since the DataSouce connection pool size is set to a minimum of three, it seems that a database connection is not considered dead until all thread pool connections are timed out. The timeouts take a little over two minutes to complete, and if the minimum thread pool size was larger, the failover time would be protracted even more. Is there any way to reduce the duration of the timeouts and/or speed up this process?

What you are talking about is the notion of a 'purge policy' wherein pooled connections are destroyed based upon a certain condition without waiting for them to be 'validated'. I have a working experimental branch with this functionality. My plan is to have this in place for JBoss 4.2.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986008#3986008

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986008