[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Trouble starting up JBoss

Azavia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 16 00:00:38 EST 2006

hi,

Thanks for the response. I reinstalled, with the "all" configuration. Is this supposed to support EJB3? i thought I read somewhere it should, but I am not sure.

Anyway, now when I start, i get something like this at the end:

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
  | ObjectName: jboss:service=Naming
  |   State: FAILED
  |   Reason: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1098; nested exception is:
  | 	java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
  |   I Depend On:
  |     jboss.system:service=ThreadPool
  |   Depends On Me:
  |     jboss.ws:service=WebServiceClientDeployer
  |     jboss.cache:service=TomcatClusteringCache
  |     jboss:service=DefaultPartition
  |     jboss:service=HASessionState
  |     jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmpha
  |     jboss:service=invoker,type=pooledha
  |     jboss:service=CorbaORB
  |     jboss:service=invoker,type=iiop
  |     jboss:service=CorbaNaming
  |     jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager
  |     jboss.mq:service=Invoker
  |     jboss.mq:service=InvocationLayer,type=UIL
  |     jboss.mq:service=InvocationLayer,type=UILXA
  |     jboss.mq:service=InvocationLayer,type=UIL2,alias=UIL2ConnectionFactory
  |     jboss.mq:service=InvocationLayer,type=UIL2XA,alias=UIL2XAConnectionFactory
  |     jboss.jms:alias=QueueConnectionFactory
  |     jboss.jms:alias=TopicConnectionFactory
  |     jboss.jmx:type=adaptor,name=Invoker,protocol=jrmp,service=proxyFactory
  |     jboss.jmx:alias=jmx/rmi/RMIAdaptor
  |     jboss:service=TransactionManager
  |
  | ObjectName: jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='jms-ra.rar'
  |   State: NOTYETINSTALLED
  |   Depends On Me:
  |     jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionFactory,name=JmsXA
  |
  | ObjectName: jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='jboss-local-jdbc.rar'
  |   State: NOTYETINSTALLED
  |   Depends On Me:
  |     jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionFactory,name=DefaultDS
  |

  | 23:54:14,156 INFO  [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.5.GA (build: CVSTag=Branch_4_0 date=200610162339)] Started in 10s:188ms

It says njboss.naming was already started, and then that other things seemed not to have been installed. Not sure why this would be, though, since it should have installed everything.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986388#3986388

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986388