[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - Re: Jndi lookup on spring factory return 'null'

blubberFoo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 16 06:49:55 EST 2006

Hello,

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

I have JBoss 4.0.4GA and a .ear archive with a bla-server.spring archive inside. The spring deployer does its job well and the ApplicationContext is created and registered to local JNDI:

  | 11:49:27,755 INFO  [ApplicationContextLoaderImpl] Bean factory [bla-server] binded to local JNDI.

The JNDIView lists the bound object in the gloabal namespace:

  | +- bla-server (class: org.jboss.spring.factory.NamedXmlApplicationContext)

With the following code it is not possible to access the bound object when the snippet is run from outside the container.

  | Hashtable<String,String> environment = new Hashtable<String,String>();
  | environment.put("java.naming.factory.initial","org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | environment.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | environment.put("java.naming.provider.url","jnp://localhost:1099");
  |
  | try {
  | 	initialContext = new InitialContext(environment);
  | }
  | catch (NamingException exception) {
  | 	fail("Could not create InitialContext.Exception:"+exception);
  | 	return;
  | }
  | try {
  | 	this.ac = (ApplicationContext)initialContext.lookup("bla-server");
  | }
  | catch (NamingException exception) {
  | 	fail("Could not obtain 'bla-server' ApplicationContext:"+exception);
  | 	return;
  | }

I want to access the ApplicationContext from the outside to test my beans and the associated ejb3 persistence which are inside the container. Access from inside the container is no problem.

Is there a way to register the ApplicationContext in a way it is visible from the outside? On a more general note I would be interested in how people do test there beans when they rely on the container.

Regards,

Ricky

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986481#3986481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986481