[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: What do you guys think of this idea?

rlhr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 17 03:15:19 EST 2006

In my opinion, I usually like to keep different things in different files.
In a large application, it is nice to be able to split a page.xml file so that each file groups related definitions. It can be also nice to have the flexibility to have these differents page.xml in various location as well.

I think putting xml definitions on a page would be manageable in a small app, I'm not convinced it would be better in a large app.

EJB3 got rid of redundancy of information. Before non only we had to write a metadata file for each ejb, but also the interfaces,... So for each ejb, we had to write a bunch of files. Annotation got rid of all the redundancy by generating automatically everything needed from one single source.
In this case, nothing is removed to be generated for us. It is more about where to put some info that needs to be written anyway.

So as I said, I believe in separating things unless putting them together really does improve a lot the development cycle.

This is just my opinion :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986758#3986758

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986758