[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - jta transactions - simple question

vitor_b do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 17 16:53:48 EST 2006

Hello

Jboss: 4.0.5GA
java: 1.4

I think I'm missing something. Below you can find a simple piece of code. It is similar to every example which shows how to handle with jta transactions. It is from my stateful session bean. Ok lets look at that:

UserTransaction uT = sessionContext.getUserTransaction();
  |      try {
  |           uT.begin();
  |
  |           uT.setRollbackOnly();
  |
  |           uT.commit();
  |
  |      }catch (Exception ex) {
  |           try {
  |                System.out.println("Caught exception: " + ex.getMessage());
  |                uT.rollback();
  |                System.out.println("rollback OK");
  |           } catch (Exception rex){
  |                System.out.println("***********************");
  |                System.out.println("Caught exception: " + rex.getMessage());
  |                throw new EJBException("Rollback failed: " + rex.getMessage());
  |           }
  |           throw new EJBException("Transaction failed: " + ex.getMessage());
  |
  |      }

I expected to catch exception thrown by commit() method due to transaction rolled back. Then rollback transaction, and... the end. But something doesn't work like i expected. There is an exception thrown by method rollback(). Why?

Below interesting output:

22:29:44,625 INFO  [STDOUT] Caught exception: Already marked for rollback TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalId=LENOVO-98B03F24/89, BranchQual=, localId=89]  OK
22:29:44,625 INFO  [STDOUT] *********************** ???
22:29:44,671 INFO  [STDOUT] Caught exception: No transaction.???
22:29:44,671 ERROR [LogInterceptor] EJBException in method: public abstract void home.main.Main.rollbackMethod() throws java.rmi.RemoteException:
javax.ejb.EJBException: Rollback failed: No transaction.
        at home.main.MainBean.rollbackMethod(MainBean.java:128)

Can you explain me why i cannot roll back my transaction?

vitor_b

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986998#3986998

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986998