[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Class Cast Exception when connecting to DataSource--JBos

russray do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 18 14:24:44 EST 2006

Weston:

   I can't tell you how thankful I am for you help!!!!!!

   Okay,   what I did was changed the driver portion of my -ds.xml file.  I also verified that I had only one -ds.xml is in the directory.

    I removed the 3 jar files I using for the SQL Server and replaced it with the new jar file sqljdbc.jar file.

    When I re-start the server with the correct driver name, I get the below error:

  |    13:24:00,141 INFO  [WrapperDataSourceService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=jdbc/pidbdev' to JNDI name 'java:jdbc/pidbdev'
  | 13:24:00,188 WARN  [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
  | org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Class not found for XADataSource com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource; - nested throwable: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource))

Do I have the right version of SQL Server Driver?  I was under the impression I did when I swapped out.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

Russ

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987091#3987091

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987091