[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Deployment dependencies...

murilo_fla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 18 17:14:09 EST 2006

Hi There.
I was with this same problem, and after many hours, I found out what was wrong, at least, in my case.
In my case this error ocurred because the EJB jar file was not very fine. I am creating the jar file using the ant "jar" task, and I was inserting the META-INF subdirectory using the "zipfileset" task. Althought I was able to open the jar file and see the META-INF inside it, I got some warnings about it in the Linux command line zip command.
When I changed the "zipfileset" for the "fileset" task, the problem desapeared. See my ant tasks:
before:

		<jar jarfile="${build.deploy.dir}/${jar.file}">
  | 			<zipfileset dir="conf" includes="**" prefix="META-INF"/>
  | 			<fileset dir="${build.dir}" includes="**/*"/>
  |
  | 		</jar>

after (with the conf files properly moved):

		<jar jarfile="${build.deploy.dir}/${jar.file}">
  | 			<fileset dir="conf" includes="META-INF/**"/>
  | 			<fileset dir="${build.dir}" includes="**/*"/>
  |
  | 		</jar>

I know this case is very specific, but maybe you should check your JAR file's META-INF integrity.
Remembering that in my case it was not very clear that it had inconsistency, because graphical Zip programs could read it nicely.

Cheers
Murilo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987110#3987110

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987110