[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - SequenceGenerator and the correct annotation syntax?

pieterjan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 20 06:55:09 EST 2006

Hi,

I finally got my entity beans working the way I want. But I found that to get the sequence working, I had to use the following annotations (look at the GeneratedValue annotation):

@Entity
  | @Table(name = "t_investigators",
  |     schema = "dryice"
  | )
  | @SequenceGenerator(name = "InvestigatorBeanSequence", sequenceName = "s_investigators")
  | public class InvestigatorBean implements Investigator, Serializable {
  |
  | 	@Id
  | 	@GeneratedValue(generator = "InvestigatorBeanSequence")
  | 	@Column(name = "id")
  | 	private long tableId;

But according the JSR 220 specs (regarding persistence) the following should work (see example 1 chapter 9.1.9: GeneratedValue Annotation) but it doesn't:

@Entity
  | @Table(name = "t_investigators",
  |     schema = "dryice"
  | )
  | @SequenceGenerator(name = "InvestigatorBeanSequence", sequenceName = "s_investigators")
  | public class InvestigatorBean implements Investigator, Serializable {
  |
  | 	@Id
  | 	@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.SEQUENCE, generator = "InvestigatorBeanSequence")
  | 	@Column(name = "id")
  | 	private long tableId;

I had to leave out the strategy to get things working. Is this normal?

-- pj

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987265#3987265

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987265