[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Slow remote database connection

doktora do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 20 15:58:22 EST 2006

Hi,

While I tried to dig deeper into this, a couple of days after it started happening, it stopped... without me doing anything. I was just going through the logs.

I've restarted all servers and I cannot replicate the problem. It must have been some sort of caching problem.

For my own assurance, I've consequently gone through the design of my application and removed unneeded EAGER joins. I saw that those could cause a lot of unnecessary table look-ups.

It is indeed strange for the same to happen with a stored procedure. I would suggest going through the JBoss logs at the exact location/time when you call the stored procedure.

For fetching one entity from my DB, JBoss dumped over 1MB of log data in its log file. It seems daunting to look at all of this stuff at first, but you get the hang of it.

Good luck,
let me know how it goes.

doktora

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987411#3987411