[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Project structure with packaging configuration versus Eclips

mraben do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 09:28:26 EST 2006

Hi,

I have read the Eclipse "Project configuration tutorial" in the "Java Development User Guide".

I would like to have one java project with the whole source of
20 big ejb modules, and some war applications, so i thought of this project structure.

The problem is, with so many different projects, because every modul is a project in its own,everything gets very confusing.

I have seen that the JBossIde (2.0.0beta2) allows to specify "package configuration" inside one project consisting of many modules.

Do you use this packaging, and what do you think about it?
How would you structure such a project?

Eclipse 3.2 Project with source linking:
       java project: server_source:
			src/com/../module1
			src/com/../module2
			src/com/../module3
			src/com/../module4
			src/com/../module20

j2ee modul projects:

module1: 1. link source: to server_source/src/com/../module1/*
         2. required projects on build path: server_source: access rule: forbidden:server_source/src/com/../module1/*

module2  ...
module3  ...
module4  ...
module20 ...

JBOSSIDE using packaging configuration:

j2ee mainproject: package configuration for deployment of modules.

     ejbmodul1
     ejbmodul2
     ejbmodul3
     ejbmodul4