[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Entity bean cascade design issue

alexg79 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 11:22:09 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : And removing the Employee for the Order, what happens to it then? How does it get recorded as a transaction? I would assume some form of reconciliation has to take place on the Order at some point. If the Employee/Order relationship is part of that reconciliation things are going to get skewed without that association as well.
I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about. Why would it need to be "recorded as a transaction"?

anonymous wrote : If the Employee/Order relationship is not required for the business, then leaving the dangling ID might be acceptable.
And this is better than setting it to null how? Being able to refer to the Employee while the Order is still unprocessed is a major convenience (which is what bidirectional associations are all about).
Maybe I could use some kind of an interceptor that automates setting the property value to null?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987611#3987611

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987611