[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: What do you guys think of this idea?

iradix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 11:46:07 EST 2006

Just some observations on how this might be done.  Figured this is a more appropriate place to have this discussion than within the JIRA issue.  Parsing the XML from the view seems to have three drawbacks as far as I can see.

The first is that the page has to be XML, this doesn't affect me and I'd imagine most SEAM users are using Facelets as well, but still it would be nice if it worked with any faces view type.

The second is I agree with bsmithjj that it might be nice to nest these within templates.  If you directly parse the XML it seems to me that you would have to either ignore definitions in templates or tie the parser to the view technology (Facelets) and parse all templates/includes as well.

The last is that if this ties in to the existing method in Pages of reading a Page definition and then caching it, these won't be reloadable without reloading the context which might confuse people since it is not how they are familiar with views working.  Of course that could be worked around.

As an alternative what about making these actual UIComponents and then walking the Component tree in beforeRender if no page definition is found elsewhere?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987621#3987621

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987621