[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Concerning nested conversation

antispart do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 11:58:13 EST 2006

Does calling an @End annotated method on an outer conversation guarantee that all nested conversations will be killed?

I'm trying to use nested conversations to manage a hierarchy of selections (perhaps I shouldnt use conversations for this?) and am finding problems with nested conversations living past their parent conversation (or at least that seems to be the issue).

Example

select category A - first conversation
select subcategory B - nested conversation
select sub-subcategory C - 2nd nested conversation

call @End deselect subcategory B
-> this kills conversation B and C

so now only A is selected.

I'm having issues where C will stay selected even after deselecting B. 1.1.0 CR1 solved some issues I was having with this, some issues still persist and I'm wondering if I should not use conversations to manage this type of thing or if perhaps there's something else wrong.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987628#3987628

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987628