[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal LDAP Setup

bdaw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 13:05:46 EST 2006

1) You can create role 'Authenticated' in your LDAP and assigne every user that needs to access portal to it
2) You can alter web.xml to point to any other role that every user in your LDAP belongs to

it's not just security-role-ref. Investigate that file more carefully. You will find "security-constraint" part in it.

I'm sure it's possible. I tried it myself with LdapLoginModule. Portal is set up to restrict access to all /auth/* resources for specific role membership. It's standard based (JAAS) so you can change it to whatever you want. The only two places where portal plugs in to security exposed by Application Server is it's own JAAS LoginModule implementation and configuration in web.xml

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987657#3987657

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987657