[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - JBoss - migrating application

lzwierko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 16:43:34 EST 2006

Hi, i would like to ask for a support on following issue:
I have written using POJO (and Java SE) application that basicly:
1. checks every 5 minutes if new files have appeared in some directory on remote server
2. If so, it downloads them and prases
3. Using external data sources (sql db and other) and info from downloaded files it calls some methodes on remote served (using http get).

So now my question is, does it make any sense to try to rewrite this application in ordr to run it on jboss (or any other) AS? Is this kind of application suitable for running on AS? The thing is that this application is not event-driven (no user interface), it uses very custom data sources (unstructured files, output of linux comands called from telnet or ssh connection and other).

What do you think? any feedback appreciated.
thanks a lot for answers

?ukasz

btw I'm jboss newbie so really ANY feedback appreciated ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987728#3987728

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987728