[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Configuring JBossCluster

urisherman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 22 05:47:35 EST 2006

Thanks a lot!
Very helpfull.
If I may make a suggestion about the documentation -
Indeed when I took another look I saw in the docs references to JGroups, the thing is, the reference appears in the preface. When a new user that doesn't know what JGroups is just reads through the docs for the first time, he won't remeber a single sentence from the small introduction ;-)
When he plunges into the docs with numerous places showing xml files defining the ClusterConfig element, with no explanation whatsoever for what the elements represent (which would be ok if the fact that it is defined by JGroups was written there) it becomes really frasturating not understanding why in the name of god no one wrote somewhere what all this means ;-)
Then my next step was to try and look through the api docs, which describe the methods setClusterConfig() and setClusterProperties() which as well don't mention this information.

Anyway, there should be more references to JGroups, at least in the configuration section.....

Thank you very much for your reply,
Uri.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987849#3987849

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987849